NSAI Agrément is responsible for Agrément assessment and certification. Formerly the Irish Agrément Board (IAB), it now operates as part of NSAI (National Standards Authority of Ireland). NSAI Agrément issue technical certification for new and innovative products and processes in building and materials technology:
What is Agrément certification?
Agrément certification confirms that new building products, materials, techniques and equipment are safe and fit for purpose.
The process of Agrément certification applies to those products and processes that are not already regulated by existing building standards, either because they are innovative or because they deviate from established norms.
What is the procedure for certifying a new product?
Agrément certification involves the following steps:
- We process your application.
- We develop a Technical Assessment Specification (TAS), which sets out the technical criteria for assessment and testing.
- We assess the product to ensure that it conforms to the TAS. This might include laboratory testing, on-site evaluation and inspection of the production process.
- Subject to the results of the assessment, we then draft an NSAI Agrément Certificate.
- We publish the Certificate on the NSAI website.
How is the assessment carried out?
The criteria upon which Agrément certification is based vary from product to product, taking into account construction standards across a range of measures such as:
The legal framework
The Agrément Certificates we publish are in accordance with the Irish Building Regulations and the rules of the European Union of Agrément Institutes for Construction (UEAtc).
How do I arrange an assessment?
NSAI Agrément’s assessment services are available to applicants on the payment of the appropriate fee. All parties involved in the assessment are subject to strict confidentiality requirements.
The international role of NSAI Agrément
Board of NSAI Agrément
The board of NSAI Agrément is comprised of representatives from the following organisations:
- NSAI Agrément
- The Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government
- Enterprise Ireland
- The Construction Industry Federation (CIF)
- The Irish Business and Employers Confederation (IBEC)
- The Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland (RIAI)
- The Association of Consulting Engineers of Ireland (ACEI)
You can contact NSAI Agrément at the following phone numbers and email addresses [firstname.lastname@example.org]:
T: +353 1 807 3943
T: +353 1 807 3975
T: +353 1 807 3989
T: +353 1 807 3815
T: +353 1 807 3892
T: +353 1 807 3890